This profession helped me realize my desire to help women succeed in life. For that reason, I have decided to begin the process of launching a non-profit that focuses on empowering women to reach their goals.
Name: Stefani Smith Title: Branch Manager Company: First National Bank Industry: Finance/Banking Years in This Industry: 5
- Why did you chose this industry?
It was the first industry that allowed me to return to the workforce after being a stay-at-home mother. Now that I am here, I enjoy helping small businesses grow and serving the community by assisting people with reaching their financial goals. My profession helped me realize my desire to help women succeed in life. For that reason, I have decided to begin the process of launching a non-profit that focuses on empowering women to reach their goals.
2. What role has the support of other women played in your success? The advice and support of other women offers an added boost of confidence that is sometimes needed when facing obstacles.
3. What does receiving this award mean to you? Receiving this award is confirmation that it is time to move away from what is comfortable; which is extremely hard to do and move toward my passion.
4. What would you tell other women about overcoming obstacles? Be relentless!
5. How have you evolved over the years? Over the years I have realized that with the help of the women around me, it is perfectly fine to take control of my future, speak up and build my brand (Thanks, Mrs. Ola and Ardana).
On May 4, 2019, we will be honoring Stefani along with 18 other women who have been selected for their contributions to other women. For early registration, go to: http://thenewnetworktv.com/vip-onyx-woman-leadership-award/